Monday, July 1, 2013

Incrediman Web Comix #2

 
Welcome to the second installment of Incrediman Web Comix!!
 
I'll keep it brief this week. I'm writing this on Sunday night. I just got back from watching the Pittsburgh Pirates complete a three game sweep of the Milwaukee Brewers. It was a long day at the ball park. In the second inning the skies opened up to the tune of a two hour and twenty minute rain delay. Once play resumed they ended up playing fourteen innings!! Nothing like spending an eight hour day at the ball park!
 
Alright, enough about baseball. On to the main attraction! See you back next week for #3!
 


I figured I'd come back and toss in a little history on this page just in case anyone cares about this kind of stuff.

A quick back story; when I started drawing this comic back in 2007 I had no clue what I was doing. I had never tried drawing a proper comic book before. It had always been comic strips up until that point. That said, the first five pages of Incrediman were done piece by piece.

Including this particular page. Each component was drawn on separate pieces of paper and then arranged in Photoshop. At first it was fun having the freedom to be able to keep arranging the panels around, but after awhile it started to feel like more effort than it was worth.

I knew it was getting out of hand on the final panel of page 5 (coming in a few weeks), that panel was drawn on a full page out of one of those big ole 18x24 drawing pads. I think that was the dimension, not sure now. Whatever it actually was, it was huge and ridiculously unnecessary. After that I wanted to start drawing the whole page as one piece. And from page 6 on, that's how it's been.

1 comment: